Affiliate Marketing Strategies for beginners
A Digital marketing Expert want to tell the story of Mister Z, one of my readers. Mister Z wants to make money online as soon as possible. Have you read that with a blog using affiliate links and you can end up winning a fortune in affiliate marketing, a lot more money than online advertising.
So every 2 or 3 days write a pretty short entry which promotes a product as an affiliate, explains what it's all about, for who he is, and incorporate your affiliate links, trying to position well your entries in Google, to line well, with an almost perfect passive system.
Mister Z promotes many products, and hardly use any. What for? An affiliate link is as advertised, with the only difference that you earn more with affiliate marketing with advertising is not it?
You see that sales do not take off after 4 or 5 months, Mister Z decided to put huge banners on the sides of your blog and on the cover, to make it clear where visitors have to click.
Your blog is like a Christmas tree ... and sales are still off. What the hell can happen to the blog of Mister Z?
I invite you to see my diagnosis and prescriptions for Mister Z.
Because I do believe that Affiliate Marketing can be a great way to generate income with a blog. But there are ways and ways forward. If you're a newbie in affiliate marketing, do not miss this post.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is a form of marketing that allows you to earn a commission by promoting products that were created by other companies or other bloggers, every time you refer a buyer to the seller.
In other words, if you have an audience, you can promote this product to your audience on your blog or in an email campaign Marketing, and every time one of the people you refer to the website of the seller ends up buying this product, you're going to earn a commission per sale.
A strategy win-win-win
The company that created the product is happy because, basically, it has managed to attract a new customer without any effort in Marketing (the only "effort" was pay you the sales commission) and the customer has purchased the product normally is happy because you would have recommended it and he will use it because it satisfies a need or desire that has had. You've saved time and possible problems with wrong provider.
And you are also happy because cobras a commission for that sale.
As you can see, Affiliate Marketing is a proposed "triple win" that suits all's good for you as a blogger, you may want the company that created the product, and it suits the customer who bought it satisfies your need .
Main benefits of affiliate marketing
The wonderful thing about Affiliate Marketing is that you have no time to invest in creating products to sell nor have to give support to customers. All this makes the company that sells this product.
It is a much more efficient system that advertising itself as it is clear that it is a system where only the successes are rewarded. That is, here the click on an ad has no value, what really matters is the client finishes making a purchase. It is a marketing statement, not a question of traditional branding or promotion.
For the seller, the affiliate marketing allows you to grow at zero risk with external sales force.Brilliant!
How to implement a strategy of successful affiliate marketing on a blog?
Wear over a year working with a marketing strategy affiliate my blog, and today I want to share with you a couple of conclusions about what works for me:
# 1 - Relevance is key
It is very important that you recommend products that are relevant to your audience. I mean if you have a blog on how to start a business and you promote a product for a diet or an online war game, chances are that this product does not have any interest to your audience. The risk is doubled if you segment your tenders: no sell anything and also lose readers. It is a "double Lose" for you.
The relevance of the products you promote is essential for me and never would promote products that have nothing to do with the needs of my audience.
# 2 - Credibility is key
I personally, as an affiliate, I only recommend products I use, not just for a test, but I am using in the daily operations of my blog.
In fact, I usually only recommend suppliers or products I use for months, years in many cases. Also recommend Hostgator to host a blog because that is where I hosted my blogs and Namecheap to purchase a domain because I believe that is the best solution for Domains.
For the record, until recently recommended another supplier for the domains, but after looking at it in detail again, I decided to change. I promote no longer first choice. I did the same with WordPress SEO plugin. I started with the All in One SEO pack and now I prefer the WordPress SEO plugin. Both solutions are valid, but is, according to my current criteria than the other.
Since the market is changing, my recommendations may be too. Nothing happens.
Now, I can not promote products that I know nothing. This does not add value and help, just try to fool some cash.
My reputation is the most valuable asset I have, and I do not want to jeopardize it for a fee of a few euros. It would not make sense to me.
# 3 - Your own experience is key
To close sales while working with Affiliate Marketing you must never tell anyone to buy the "X" product or service "Y" because I RECOMMEND you. What value does this have? If you have not tried the same product / service, how do you know if it really is the bargain you present?
Focus how best to present yourself are using this product, what is the value of the service or product for your own business. Working with explanatory video tutorials is much more educational and efficient level affiliate marketing.
No topics not identify the boundaries of a product or service and say very clearly to who the product you promote and who is NOT a good solution.
# 4 - All that glitters is not gold
Forget animated banners, pop-up flash or intrusive for promoting affiliate marketing products you've chosen. In my case (and believe me I'm not the only blogger in this situation), work best deep linking, which occur naturally in a blog post.
Nothing either of plugins that automatically transform keywords into affiliate links.
Remember point # 1, the relevance is key. No better than a human being to optimize the natural inclusion of an affiliate link in a post. Worth the effort and if you do, you'll see the results on this page conversions go up through the roof.
Do not overdo the number of links that you incorporate your input. A link at the top and one on the bottom is more than sufficient.
Moreover, in this way will preserve your readers of a potential nuisance, since too many links you show a certain lack of consideration (do not want to develop a long-term relationship but to sell short-term) and save yourself serious problems with Google, who anything you do not like the blogs full of advertising and / or affiliate links.
# 5 - Conflict of interest
Doctors, when they give a scientific talks at conferences where they usually participate are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest, such as working with a pharmaceutical company to launch a new drug that is related to the subject matter hereof .
Do the same. Unravel your conflicts of interest, be transparent and honest. No problems. This topic is already mandatory in the U.S. where he country regulator (FTC) requires bloggers to disclose potential conflicts of interest with links to affiliate or related infomercials practices. Although the European Union is not compulsory yet, I advise anticipate a change of legal, inevitable and justified environment. It is for the sake of your readers.
# 6 - Take your time
You can try to close a sale comes around your blog a new visitor. Or you can give free content for a couple of weeks and finish presenting your offer, once you've developed a relationship with your reader and you have earned your trust.
Use auto responder system, you will not regret to have patience before you want to close a sale.
Want to further deepen about affiliate marketing?
It turns out that I have special marketing course Affiliate newbies. You will discover all relevant aspects of a blog optimized for affiliate marketing.
Remember that if you visit my online toolbox, and decide to buy one of the products listed on this case or on links on this page, I get paid a commission per sale, which, for me this is a "reward" for all the work that I dedicate to publish, free of charge, high value-added entries on my blog.
And finally you can get my affiliate. Visit this page and start promoting my products, "The right way"
A Digital marketing Expert want to tell the story of Mister Z, one of my readers. Mister Z wants to make money online as soon as possible. Have you read that with a blog using affiliate links and you can end up winning a fortune in affiliate marketing, a lot more money than online advertising.
So every 2 or 3 days write a pretty short entry which promotes a product as an affiliate, explains what it's all about, for who he is, and incorporate your affiliate links, trying to position well your entries in Google, to line well, with an almost perfect passive system.
Mister Z promotes many products, and hardly use any. What for? An affiliate link is as advertised, with the only difference that you earn more with affiliate marketing with advertising is not it?
You see that sales do not take off after 4 or 5 months, Mister Z decided to put huge banners on the sides of your blog and on the cover, to make it clear where visitors have to click.
Your blog is like a Christmas tree ... and sales are still off. What the hell can happen to the blog of Mister Z?
I invite you to see my diagnosis and prescriptions for Mister Z.
Because I do believe that Affiliate Marketing can be a great way to generate income with a blog. But there are ways and ways forward. If you're a newbie in affiliate marketing, do not miss this post.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is a form of marketing that allows you to earn a commission by promoting products that were created by other companies or other bloggers, every time you refer a buyer to the seller.
In other words, if you have an audience, you can promote this product to your audience on your blog or in an email campaign Marketing, and every time one of the people you refer to the website of the seller ends up buying this product, you're going to earn a commission per sale.
A strategy win-win-win
The company that created the product is happy because, basically, it has managed to attract a new customer without any effort in Marketing (the only "effort" was pay you the sales commission) and the customer has purchased the product normally is happy because you would have recommended it and he will use it because it satisfies a need or desire that has had. You've saved time and possible problems with wrong provider.
And you are also happy because cobras a commission for that sale.
As you can see, Affiliate Marketing is a proposed "triple win" that suits all's good for you as a blogger, you may want the company that created the product, and it suits the customer who bought it satisfies your need .
Main benefits of affiliate marketing
The wonderful thing about Affiliate Marketing is that you have no time to invest in creating products to sell nor have to give support to customers. All this makes the company that sells this product.
It is a much more efficient system that advertising itself as it is clear that it is a system where only the successes are rewarded. That is, here the click on an ad has no value, what really matters is the client finishes making a purchase. It is a marketing statement, not a question of traditional branding or promotion.
For the seller, the affiliate marketing allows you to grow at zero risk with external sales force.Brilliant!
How to implement a strategy of successful affiliate marketing on a blog?
Wear over a year working with a marketing strategy affiliate my blog, and today I want to share with you a couple of conclusions about what works for me:
# 1 - Relevance is key
It is very important that you recommend products that are relevant to your audience. I mean if you have a blog on how to start a business and you promote a product for a diet or an online war game, chances are that this product does not have any interest to your audience. The risk is doubled if you segment your tenders: no sell anything and also lose readers. It is a "double Lose" for you.
The relevance of the products you promote is essential for me and never would promote products that have nothing to do with the needs of my audience.
# 2 - Credibility is key
I personally, as an affiliate, I only recommend products I use, not just for a test, but I am using in the daily operations of my blog.
In fact, I usually only recommend suppliers or products I use for months, years in many cases. Also recommend Hostgator to host a blog because that is where I hosted my blogs and Namecheap to purchase a domain because I believe that is the best solution for Domains.
For the record, until recently recommended another supplier for the domains, but after looking at it in detail again, I decided to change. I promote no longer first choice. I did the same with WordPress SEO plugin. I started with the All in One SEO pack and now I prefer the WordPress SEO plugin. Both solutions are valid, but is, according to my current criteria than the other.
Since the market is changing, my recommendations may be too. Nothing happens.
Now, I can not promote products that I know nothing. This does not add value and help, just try to fool some cash.
My reputation is the most valuable asset I have, and I do not want to jeopardize it for a fee of a few euros. It would not make sense to me.
# 3 - Your own experience is key
To close sales while working with Affiliate Marketing you must never tell anyone to buy the "X" product or service "Y" because I RECOMMEND you. What value does this have? If you have not tried the same product / service, how do you know if it really is the bargain you present?
Focus how best to present yourself are using this product, what is the value of the service or product for your own business. Working with explanatory video tutorials is much more educational and efficient level affiliate marketing.
No topics not identify the boundaries of a product or service and say very clearly to who the product you promote and who is NOT a good solution.
# 4 - All that glitters is not gold
Forget animated banners, pop-up flash or intrusive for promoting affiliate marketing products you've chosen. In my case (and believe me I'm not the only blogger in this situation), work best deep linking, which occur naturally in a blog post.
Nothing either of plugins that automatically transform keywords into affiliate links.
Remember point # 1, the relevance is key. No better than a human being to optimize the natural inclusion of an affiliate link in a post. Worth the effort and if you do, you'll see the results on this page conversions go up through the roof.
Do not overdo the number of links that you incorporate your input. A link at the top and one on the bottom is more than sufficient.
Moreover, in this way will preserve your readers of a potential nuisance, since too many links you show a certain lack of consideration (do not want to develop a long-term relationship but to sell short-term) and save yourself serious problems with Google, who anything you do not like the blogs full of advertising and / or affiliate links.
# 5 - Conflict of interest
Doctors, when they give a scientific talks at conferences where they usually participate are required to disclose potential conflicts of interest, such as working with a pharmaceutical company to launch a new drug that is related to the subject matter hereof .
Do the same. Unravel your conflicts of interest, be transparent and honest. No problems. This topic is already mandatory in the U.S. where he country regulator (FTC) requires bloggers to disclose potential conflicts of interest with links to affiliate or related infomercials practices. Although the European Union is not compulsory yet, I advise anticipate a change of legal, inevitable and justified environment. It is for the sake of your readers.
# 6 - Take your time
You can try to close a sale comes around your blog a new visitor. Or you can give free content for a couple of weeks and finish presenting your offer, once you've developed a relationship with your reader and you have earned your trust.
Use auto responder system, you will not regret to have patience before you want to close a sale.
Want to further deepen about affiliate marketing?
It turns out that I have special marketing course Affiliate newbies. You will discover all relevant aspects of a blog optimized for affiliate marketing.
Remember that if you visit my online toolbox, and decide to buy one of the products listed on this case or on links on this page, I get paid a commission per sale, which, for me this is a "reward" for all the work that I dedicate to publish, free of charge, high value-added entries on my blog.
And finally you can get my affiliate. Visit this page and start promoting my products, "The right way"
